Doctor in a Pocket
“Doctor in a Pocket” is a multi-activity platform which targets mainly the end users which needs medical advice as soon as possible or they want to schedule a meeting with a doctor. This is not only an application but platform which connects together the patients, doctors, pharmacies, laboratories and insurance companies into a single, multi-language, feature rich network.
From the patient perspective the platform is an app which provides diagnosis, treatment and online appointment booking, and allows users to consult with doctors through text, pictures, and video. This is provided by a highly simplified visual interface where, with a few steps, the patients can schedule a meeting, receives a doctor's advice, a prescription and the drugs they need directly at their home.
The platform will help in two main aspects of the human health – medical care and mental health.
The key features and the possibilities are the following:
- Urgent care - incl. allergies, headache, injuries and so on,
- Chronic conditions - The doctors of “Doctor in a Pocket” can give a professional advice and make treatment recommendations for chronic conditions 24/7,
- Labs & Screening,
- Preventive medicine - Trying to quit smoking? Need help with weight loss counseling? Doctors are trained to address these issues,
- Medical advice - Talking to a board-certified doctor can help ease your mind and body. He could advice you over taking different medicines at the same time, if it is good for the health or there is a problem; If the patient needs to see specialist; if it is urgent case, etc.,
There are many conditions “Doctor in a Pocket” physicians can often treat effectively through a Video Visit – from a sudden rash, a mild muscle sprain, an upset stomach and many more. But for more serious or life threatening conditions, a visit to a doctor or hospital is important and necessary and this can be as a final advice.
There are some additional features of “Doctor in a Pocket” that include:
- Meeting recording - the meetings can be recorded and can be attached to the encounter statement,
- Encounter statement sharing - Encounter statement can be shared among the other users of the platform,
- Encounter workflow extension - Behind the idea of the “Doctor in a Pocket” there are many functional spans that can be integrated into the next stages of development,
- Pharmacy network integration - Such functionality is, for example, integration with a network of pharmacies and drug delivery directly to patients. For the patient, this means that once the encounter has been completed, the recipe he has received can be executed and brought directly to his home. Therefore, in the patient profile has an address (specified by maps activity) that could be used for automatic delivery of the medication in the case when the patient has requested it,
- Mobile laboratory integration - There are situations in which the patient has difficulty in the walking or moving. At this point, the “Doctor in a Pocket” doctor may require a laboratory examination that could be performed by a mobile laboratory squad. This functionality can also be integrated into “Doctor in a Pocket” portfolio,
- Medical gadgets integration - The Integration with medical devices or gadgets which can measure various body indicators will be applicable as well. The devices include measuring blood pressure, temperature, blood sugar and saturation.